Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pumpkin Ravioli - 3 New Recipes in One!


That's right. I made ravioli...from scratch. And I lived to tell the tale (it only took me 2 hours, but hey, who's counting?) However, I have come to a conclusion:

A person only makes ravioli from scratch if:
1. They are Italian.
2. They just LOVE cooking so much that they have to make everything.
3. They really want ravioli but have no money to buy it.

Haha, can you guess which one describes me?

Anyway...
...the recipe for the dough can be found here. This recipe was surprisingly easy and if I can figure out a way to store the wrappers, I may never need to buy them again. Yay!

The sauce recipe came from Gina's Skinny Recipes and was delish. Even Mr. Limon liked it!

The filling recipe came from the book Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfield. I thought the use of pumpkin was genius but I prefer my ravioli more cheesy. I will have to experiment...



Can I just point something out here? There is NO meat in this meal. And Mr. Limon did not die. He dis not even suffer...much. Ah, success...

3 comments:

  1. I am beyond impressed. Also, I want to come over for dinner lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one thing to say. Yumm-oh! Oh wait, I have two things to say. You are CRAZY-Cook! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You are one talented cook. I might just try this...I've always wanted to do homemade ravioli! I definitely fall under the "I don't have money" category!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Isabel

    adoseoflovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete